Welcome to the Mother Lode Chapter website of the Air and Waste Management Association
"Serving the environment by serving our members." AWMA.ORG
The Mother Lode Chapter (MLC) of the Air and Waste Management Association has more than 100 institutional and individual members from industry, government, and consulting in the Sacramento and Northern California area. We are environmental professionals who work in our positions every day to improve the environment of the Sacramento region.
Our goal is to foster an improved understanding of air pollution and waste management issues both among environmental professionals and in the public at large. To accomplish this we have links to support local Colleges and Universities, we provide educational grants to schools, and we sponsor educational meetings for our members.
The Air and Waste Management Association is a nonprofit, nonpartisan professional organization that provides training, information, and networking opportunities to more than 8,000 environmental professionals in 65 countries. The Association's goals are to strengthen the environmental profession, expand scientific and technological responses to environmental concerns, and assist professionals in critical environmental decision making to benefit society. We are a Chapter of the Golden West Section, which formed in 1984 to serve environmental professionals in Northern California.
A&WMA provides programs and activities designed and conducted by environmental professionals for environmental professionals. Membership in A&WMA provides access to a worldwide network of individuals from industry, government, and the consulting, research, academic, and legal communities who engage in the exchange of technical and managerial information. For more information on member services and benefits, visit the link below.
- 2017 Mar 8 Dinner Meeting: "Environmental Impact of Cannabis Production – Everything you always wanted to know but were afraid to ask!"
- 2016 Nov 9 Dinner Meeting: "Wasted Food – An Air and Waste Perspective"
- 2016 Mar 22 Dinner Meeting: "Keeping the Lights On – And Not Flickering"
- 2016 Mar 1 Dinner Meeting: "Odor Management at Solid Waste Facilities"
- 2015 Nov 18 Dinner Meeting: "Understanding Diesel Engine Regulations"
- 2015 Oct 06 Tour/Dinner Meeting: "Compost and Carbon Sequestration"
- 2015 Apr 28 Dinner Meeting: "CEQA Update - Mitigation Measure or Project Feature?"
- 2015 Apr 07 Lunch Meeting: "Running EMFAC2014 for Project Level Assessment"
- 2015 Feb 11 Social Mixer
- 2014 Oct 23 Facility Tour: "UC Davis Renewable Energy Anaerobic Digester"